Hello fellow curly gals (and guys)! Are you on the hunt for that perfect styling product that will leave you with soft bouncy curls? Well you can stop the experiments with the various hair products that don’t do the trick. I have done the experimenting for you! I’m excited to share this product with you guys, I found it to work GREAT! So I just had to share with all the curly headed folks out there!
Todays “Curly Girl Review” is about the Carol’s Daughter Marula Curl Therapy line, which include the following products: Marula Curl Therapy Softening Hair Mask, Marula Curl Therapy Gentle Cream Cleanser, Marula Curl Therapy Softening Serum, and Marula Curl Therapy Diffusing & Styling Lotion. I wanted to use these products a few times before reviewing it, as sometimes in my experience the second or third time is the charm. However, with this line of products, I fell in love with it the first time around! The softening serum and diffusing & styling lotion exceeded my expectations. I applied it last minute to my semi dried tresses, when I usually apply the product while my hair is still soaking wet so that my curls come out more defined versus frizzy. To my surprise the results were still awesome, even though I had applied the product on semi dry hair! That alone made me love it! (flips hair). It also exceeded my expectations because I usually don’t diffuse my hair, I prefer to let it air dry. However, this specific line of products were made in mind with the combination of a diffuser to create beautiful defined curls…so I was up for trying a new way to style my curls. I absolutely loved the outcome, and even more when I tried it again, this time applying it as I usually do when my hair was fully wet for a more defined look. I usually like when my curls curl up to their most curliest potential, leaving me with a head full of curls on the tighter side. But with this product my results were more of a stretched out curl, they weren’t as tight as I usually rock them but it still looked GREAT! I liked how it gave me a different curl pattern giving me more options on styling a basic wash and go. I love how versatile curly hair could be, and loved how these products helped me achieve that. With the stretched out curl, it gave me a little less shrinkage, making my tresses look long even while curly. I simply loved the way my hair looked after styling it with the products and lightly diffusing it. Here are the steps I took to achieve my soft and bouncy curls:
1. I washed my hair with the Marula Curl Therapy Gentle Cleanser.
2. After rinsing off the cleanser, I applied the Marula Curl Therapy Softening Hair Mask and left it on for about five to seven minutes before rinsing it off. (Leaves your hair nice and soft!)
3. Once I got out the shower I applied the Marula Curl Therapy Softening Serum onto my wet tresses. (I used about three pumps and finger combed it through out my hair, starting from the roots to ends).
4. Afterwards I put the Marula Curl Therapy Diffusing & Styling Lotion. (A little goes a long way with this product, you don’t have to put too much to get results). I flipped my head upside down and scrunched the product into my hair.
5. After applying all the products, I let my hair air dry for a little before blasting the diffuser. Once I let it air dry a bit, I then used the diffuser on low heat. And voila!…a head of big, soft, bouncy curls were revealed! (If you have some unwanted frizz, just go ahead and add another pump of the softening serum and it will help get rid of some of that extra frizz. But a little frizz is okay, go ahead and work it girl!)
Take a look at my results after styling my hair with the Marula Hair Therapy products:
In all, I would definitely recommend this product line. It is by far one of my favorite Carol’s Daughter line of hair products! And not to mention, I received so many compliments on my hair when I used these products (that’s always a plus!…hehe). You can purchase this line of products at CarolsDaughter.com
Thanks for stopping by loves!
P.S. Dont forget to subscribe to this blog in order to receive more hair tips, tutorials, and reviews. Also make sure to follow me on Instagram @Style_Dose as well as @CarolsDaughter for some more hairspiration!